Monday, November 2, 2009
Find Your Switch
1. Immediately find 3 things you should be grateful for and say them to yourself, even though you may not want to, at the time.
2. Stop telling yourself the negative story. Stop calling others to tell them your negative story. This only prolongs it and is a weak attempt to justify your misery.
3. Ask yourself if you could stay in this state for the rest of your life or will you eventually want to be happy again. If the answer is yes, then choose to get over it and be happy now.
4. Compare your event to the larger scale of negative things that could happen in your life. If your upset about being late to work, imagine not having a car and or a job.
5. Lastly, change the mood. Find a good song on the radio, call someone who always makes you laugh or close your eyes and thing of the happiest moment of your life.
It’s not easy to find, but we all have a switch that will work for us, find yours.